Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Great Southern Slam!!

Wow, what a weekend. I didn't think one girl could have so much fun in one weekend. Roller Derby has really taken over my life now. It's all I can think about. Ahhhh!! I have learnt so much this weekend. I've learnt new techniques in photography, I've learnt more about Roller Derby rules (there are so many) and I have learnt about the Derby love. The love and support the girls give one another is phenomenal! It's so endearing and sometimes it makes me want to cry!! Well let's not go too far :)

I'd like to thank the WIRD girls for being so enthusiastic about my project and allowing me into their lives. I'd also like to thank the organises of The Great Southern Slam for organising such an amazing event. Thanks guys :)
Here are a few photos to wet your appetite.
















Wanna be a Derby Girl??
MEAT AND GREET: chat up a derby girl or boy!
Have you ever wanted to play roller derby?
Do you fancy donning the stripes and refing a game?
Can you skate? Are you brave enough?
Find out !
Come chat to the WIRD derby girls and boys and find out about WIRD's FRESH MEAT program commencing Sunday 4th of July (runs for 4 consecutive Sundays).
You just need to know how to skate, we will take care of the rest.
This program will give you a taste of the basics of Roller Derby, be you interested in playing or being a referee, boys and girls are all welcome!

Where: Corrimal RSL
When: Saturday 19th of June 3pm


Ok folks, that's all for now.
See you on Saturday xx

1 comment: