Sunday, April 4, 2010

Baby steps...

I've finally decided to join the rest of the world and start a blog. I've been inspired by my friend Margie's blog, thanks honey x check it out myveryowneyegoggles.blogspot.com
So I am a photographer, sculptor, artist etc etc. Lover of life and good food and vibrant, pure, fun people. I am working on a few projects this year and since I haven't got my act together with my website I thought I better start documenting something.
My next project is documenting the lives of the Wollongong Illawarra Roller Derby chicks. I recently saw the movie Whip It! and I absolutley loved it!! I also started to hear about the girls through various friends. So I decided to focus on these brave, strong sexy women. So in the next few months I'll be updating photos stories and anything else coming my way.
I also plan on doing a Handbag Project. I have been talking about it for too long now. So I'm looking for woman to pose for me with there trusty handbags and then reveal the contents of them. I know this can be a personal challenge for some but I find it fascinating to see what women carry around with them. Don't you? I was also thinking about weighing the bags. Let's wait and see what happens.
So that's all for now. Hello world!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nina,

    My name is Darin from FundBreak, I am writing to find out if you might be interested in collaborating with Fundbreak on your documentary, handbag projects or any newly inspire projects. We are offering our new crowdfunding platform as an alternative fundraising service in Australia.

    We offer an innovative platform and social networking tool for artists, musicians, filmmakers, journalists, designers, entrepreneurs, inventors, event organisers, software developers and creative organisations to raise funds for new creative projects and ideas.

    Fundbreak is a new startup based in Sydney and the young team is preparing to launch Australia's 1st online crowdfunding platform.

    We created a short introduction video about our new venture on our homepage: http://www.fundbreak.com.au

    The link below is a short pdf document providing more details about our new business & guide for creating a project.

    http://www.fundbreak.com.au/Meet_Fundbreak.pdf
    http://www.fundbreak.com.au/projectOutline.jpg

    We have very recently partnered up with Vibe Wire Youth inc. (www.vibewire.org ) in Sydney and we are actively seeking to get involved with more creative organisations and social communities in Australia.

    We would really like to arrange a presentation / meeting (if possible) to discuss the concept.

    Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

    Kind Regards,
    Darin Burke,
    darin@fundbreak.com.au
    www.fundbreak.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking great Nina! thanks for the plug xo

    ReplyDelete